October 7, 2012

I Love Ottawa


{Some love for Ottawa!}

I had previously seen this video (shot and edited by Ryan Emond) last summer when it was featured on OpenFile Ottawa's website but was reminded of it recently when a good friend posted it to Facebook and tagged my fiancé and I. We once again hooked up my MacBook to our TV, watched it in 1080p HD, and truly appreciated our hometown, Ottawa, in all of its amazingness (not a word, I realise, but I like adding "ness" to everything). Being able to see footage of home again was such a welcome treat for these sore eyes (there are far too many skyscrapers in Hong Kong). It really made me miss Ottawa and all of the lovely people in it, not to mention the bit of wondrous footage of the Queensway where cars drive on the right side of the road (I miss knowing which way to look when I cross the street). 

We are especially missing Ottawa this weekend since it is Thanksgiving back in Canada. While we will not be able to enjoy any delicious turkey and pumpkin pie, and the subsequent coma after such a meal, we will be thinking of our friends and family back home, and will remember how thankful we are to have them in our lives. My fiancé and I hope to be home for Christmas when the city will be blanketed in fluffy, white snow, but until then, we will just enjoy this great and beautiful video of Ottawa.
{My own photo (run through Instagram, of course) of the Rideau Canal, Parliament buildings and the Château Laurier from MacKenzie King Bridge. Who wouldn't miss a city this beautiful?}
{I miss the beauty that is Canada in the Fall: the sound of fallen leaves crunching under my feet, pumpkin spice lattes & sweater weather, but most of all, I miss giving thanks with my family and friends over a great meal}

2 comments:

  1. I posted the same video on my blog too, a very long time ago though.. when I was still in Sweden. Seeing things from back home will always bring a tear of joy in your eye; but it will be worth it in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Stheph! I saw this video when it was first released in 2011 but didn't think too much of it, other than the fact that it was well done. Now that I watch it again, but half a world away from home, I am in awe of how beautiful Ottawa actually is. It's funny how you only miss something after it's gone!

    ReplyDelete