September 28, 2012

It's Fried Rice, You Plick!

{Scene from Lethal Weapon 4 (start at 51 seconds)}

When I first came upon "The Flying Pan" restaurant while exploring in the Soho area, I couldn't help but remember the hilarious line in Lethal Weapon 4 that my fiancé once quoted to me (see above video). I wondered: are the restaurant owners using a play on words, or do they mean that the pan actually flies? Either way, I found it greatly amusing, and I had to give this place a try since it serves breakfast 24 hours a day. Who can ever say no to bacon, eggs, sausage, ham, pancakes, waffles, and French toast, all smothered in maple syrup? I certainly could not resist!

{A play on words, or can the pan actually fly... Hard to say}
A couple of friends and I decided on a night to go since we were all hankering for some nice, crispy bacon. We felt it the most opportune time to enjoy the bacon last night, while we still can, especially with the recent news of there being a global bacon shortage. So, off we went and ordered large amounts of breakfast food, for dinner. Although the food was only so-so, it had just the right amount of grease to be satisfying and tasty, and the maple syrup was enough to make this Canuck a very happy one. Yum!
{The front of the menu}


{Two Canadians and an American enjoying a good old North American breakfast meal for dinner}
{On my "Ultimate Griddle" plate (clockwise from the bacon): bacon, sausage, ham, pancake, waffle, and French toast; (centre) scrambled eggs. Not pictured: copious amounts of maple syrup, and ketchup on my eggs.}

No comments:

Post a Comment