December 21, 2012

Christmas in Hong Kong

{Many buildings in Hong Kong have large displays of lights that can be seen from across the harbour}
I have heard from and read a number of sources that claim Hong Kong to be the best place to be during Christmas (other than Disney World in Orlando, Florida, of course!). From what I have seen, the city definitely goes all out when it comes to dressing up their buildings to the nines with Christmas lights and decorations. I am sure that once I am trudging through knee-deep snow in Ottawa over the holidays, I will be more appreciative of the mid-teens to twenty degree weather that is now gracing Hong Kong, however, no Christmas could ever be as good as one where I am celebrating with those that I love and care about most in the world: my family and friends. The countdown is on -- only two more days until I am throwing on a parka, tuque, mittens and boots, and hugging the loved ones in my life.
{I suppose that since there is no snow here, a Santa Claus riding a dolphin is completely appropriate... (?)}
{A lovely white ballerina display at Pacific Place}
{There are children riding in those gondolas at the Landmark}
{A large-scale chalet display at the Landmark}
{Christmas Tree}

No comments:

Post a Comment