November 16, 2012

Just Breathe

{Early morning start on the Star Ferry with the sun rising over Hong Kong}
It's mornings like the one I had on Tuesday, this week, that truly make me stop, take a deep breath, and be thankful for the opportunity to enjoy such beauty. Up until recently, I had been feeling quite down and upset that I am so far away from home, but being able to have a calm and quiet ride on the ferry during a gorgeous morning allowed me to reflect on the many blessings that I have in my life. For the first time in months, I was able to see the light at the end of the tunnel: I will see my family at Christmas; my fiancĂ©'s mother and my sister will be visiting us, consecutively, in the new year; and, we will be home in Canada before we know it so that wedding planning can finally come under way. Until then, I realise that I should learn to appreciate my time here in Hong Kong, and just breathe, if only once in a while. 
{The Hong Kong Star Ferry on its way from the Central Pier to Tsim Sha Tsui}

No comments:

Post a Comment